Looking for a dynamic speaker for your next conference or parent support group meeting?
WORKSHOPS and KEYNOTES
All presentations are hands-on, interactive and fun. They are designed for parents of children with special needs and professionals who support them.
GIVE YOURSELF A BREAK. Staying healthy, happy and connected while parenting kids with special needs.
Parenting an amazing individual with special needs? Sure there are incredible joys. But dealing with everything from meltdowns to therapies to meetings can wear you down. Especially over the long run. Time for a workshop to focus on YOU!
The happier and healthier you are, the more energy you have for your family. You’ll learn how to:
- Improve your healthy, mood and energy.
- Strengthen your friendships and marriage/partnerships.
- Increase your family’s supports (with no costs and no waiting lists).
This workshop is entertaining, high energy and practical. Come out to share your experiences, learn new tips and make new connections.
WHAT’S NEXT? Helping your child with special needs
transition to adult life.
Worried about life after your child leaves high school? In this hands-on workshop, you’ll learn how to:
- create a “meaningful day” for your child, even if funding, programs and supports are limited.
- increase your family’s supports, friendships and community contacts.
- keep current on Ministry initiatives and policies that impact your family.
- find and use supports such as an “Independent Facilitator and Planner” to create a Support Circle for your child.
- find innovative ways for young adults with special needs to work, volunteer or be self-employed.
- build YOUR OWN health, happiness and plans during this important time of transition.
Selected previous speaking engagements include:
Autism Ontario Provincial Staff Training
Autism Ontario Parent Support
Council for Children with Disabilities Symposium-El Paso, Texas
Down Syndrome Association
Holland/Bloorview Kids Rehab
Kerry’s Place Autism Services
Kidsability Centre for Childhood Development
Niagara Children’s Centre
OACRS (Ontario Association of Children’s Rehab Centres)
Pathways Centre for Children (Sarnia/Lambton)
Quinte Children’s Centre
Sick Kids Hospital
Waterloo Regional Family Network
Please email for more information. email@example.com